CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer is almost over for my little one

We are now less then a week until my youngest goes back to school(she goes year round). This year she will be heading to 1st grade, while my oldest heads to high school.
This year is going to be different for us, and yes I know that it sounds silly but every since Gracie started daycare, my kids have been no more then a block away from each other at school. Last year the elementary school was right across the street from the middle school. There is something comforting in knowing that your kids are right across the street from each other to me, and this year it is going to not be that way. I talk like they are going to be across town from each other- really they are now going to be about 5 blocks away from each other.
To say that Gracie is strong willed, would be an understatement. When she started school last year to say that we had some issues would also be an understatement. She really is a sweet and kind kid, she just well can be mouthy and does what she wants, when she wants. So last year was a struggle. She wasn't getting into huge trouble, but she wanted to push the limits and see exactly what her teacher was going to going to let her get away with. After MANY calls and visits to the school and lots of time put in by her teacher we finally got her on track and she had a wonderful year. By the end of the year she was like a completely different kid!
So as we now head into 1st grade I am just a little worried that the first weeks are going to be yet another struggle.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my!! First grade... such a big girl!!
    I will have SOO many mixed emotions when my daughter is in 1st grade!!
    We are homeschooling, so she won't be leaving the house, but she will definitely be leaving "baby hood."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Interesting, Love it! Nice site, I will be sure to come back to visit! Following you from Bloggy Moms!

    Rachel
    www.reasonablyless.com
    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable blog! New follower from Bloggy Moms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! New follower from Bloggy Moms :o)
    http://d-mochatraveler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete